Women’s Career Network (”WCN”) processes personal data of its Members in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (GDPR). The GDPR replaces the existing personal data legislation and is applicable in all EU Member States. The GDPR enters into force 25 May 2018.
Information for the Members of WCN
Below you will find information on how WCN processes the personal data of its Members. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
1. WCN is a data controller of the personal data it processes of its Members. WCN processes the following personal data:
• Email address,
• Year of birth,
• Estimated completion date for studies,
• The field of studies,
• The educational institution,
• The city of habitation,
• Information included in a registration certificate from the university provided by the Member in order to prove her student status and
• Food allergies.
The WCN receives the personal data directly from the Member when she applies for a membership.
2. WCN processes personal data in order to operate and administrate its activities, that is events and mentorship programme. The purpose of the membership in WCN is to provide opportunities for the Members to participate in events and/or the mentorship programme. Therefore, processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil the aim of the membership.
3. WCN saves the personal data of its Members as long as the membership is valid. Usually the membership ends when a Member graduates. Each Member has a right to terminate the membership at any time and as a result of a termination, the personal data we have regarding the particular Member will be immediately deleted.
4. WCN will only transfer personal data to external parties in order to organise events and/or mentorship programme. This means that necessary information about those Members that have signed up for an event/membership programme will be shared with our partners. For example, the name and information about food allergies will be shared with a company organising an event with us in order for the company to print out name tags and to provide appropriate food for each participant.
5. WCN uses cloud services to administrate its operations. These services are Google Cloud and Mailchimp. With the use of these cloud services, transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA area may occur. Both cloud services are certified under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy shield ensuring an adequate level of protection to the personal data of our members.
6. Each Member of WCN has the right to request information of the personal data that WCN processes about her. In case WCN has incorrect data about a Member, the Member has the right to have the information corrected or erased. Furthermore, the Member may request restriction of processing or object to it. Finally, each Member has the right to data portability meaning that WCN will provide the personal data we have about the Member in computer readable form at the Member’s request.
7. In case you are not satisfied with the manner WCN processes personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to solve any misunderstandings. Please find the contact information of WCN below:
Data controller: Womens’ Career Network
Org. number: 802495-3211
You have also a right to lodge a complaint at the local data protection supervisory authority located in the EU.